Sales Development, Sports Illustrated Play
Time Inc., Saratoga Springs, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Play (SI Play) is a Sports Technology company that has a simple yet ambitious goal: to serve the vast market of amateur and youth sports leveraging innovative technology and the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED brand. This is where every major athlete starts their career, and two out of three players say it’s the most important thing they do.
SI Play is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of online registration, web CMS, eCommerce, and coach and volunteer background checking solutions for more than 8,000 sports organizations throughout the United States and Canada. Our sales and service operations are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Building on more than 60 years as one of the most distinguished names in sports, SI Play provides powerful, simple tools, and technology to help hundreds of thousands of teams operate and simplify your sports life.
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Time Inc., one of the country’s largest and most iconic media companies, SI Play is a rare blend of being a fast-paced, entrepreneurial venture with the support and reach of its affiliation with a major company.
Come join the SPORTS ILLUSTRATED Play Team and help us fulfill our mission of connecting the world of youth sports! We are a digital company, with employees all over the world who are building platforms and products that power youth sports. We work in a dynamic atmosphere, with driven people, who serve a rapidly growing customer base.
If the above is appealing and you are passionate about youth sports, then this is place for you! We are looking for talented, motivated and determined individuals to join our sales development team as Account Managers. This position is responsible for outbound prospecting to generate leads for our sales pipeline. Your goal is to maximize lead sources to identify new potential customers, engage them efficiently, and develop the opportunity for the sales team.
- Prospect for potential new sales opportunities, identify key decision makers within client organizations, and engage prospects to ensure a robust pipeline of leads
- Make 50 outbound sales calls against an assigned territory each day
- Interact with target prospects and provide our high level value proposition
- Generate qualified leads and set at least 1 sales appointment per day
- Manage and update sales activities via CRM
- 0-3 years’ experience, college grads encouraged to apply
- Strong work ethic – committed to building a career in the high paying field of sales
- High energy mentality with desire to make ≥ 50 calls per day
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives with short deadlines
- Thrive in merit based environment
- Proficient in online software applications and ability to learn them quickly
- Personal Laptop computer is required
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.