Food Editor, Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Food Editor will help shape the food vision for COOKING LIGHT, the signature healthy food brand within the Time Inc. portfolio. This is a key role for an experienced food editor who is excited by the opportunity to collaborate with and inspire recipe developers, food stylists, food photographers, and editors at COOKING LIGHT and other Time Inc. brands.
- Own and edit the Dinner Tonight food section of the magazine, which is the bread-and-butter of the brand.
- Pitch and develop magazine cover recipes that have mass appeal.
- Contribute across platforms, including video ideation and writing weekly posts for CookingLight.com.
- Pitch, package and produce print story ideas and contribute to themed issues.
- Utilize your network of talented freelancers and tastemakers, finding creative, relevant angles for them to contribute to our brand.
- Meet every deadline, every time.
- An experienced food editor: You can map out months of seasonal food content at a time. You are inspired by great packaging. You have superior recipe editing and writing skills. Most importantly: you can (and love to) write a recipe hednote that inspires a reader to make that dinner that night.
- Nimble: You can juggle multiple assignments at once and easily switch back-and-forth in a single day between approving photo shoot images, writing recipe hednotes, blogging and brainstorming feature ideas for next year.
- A problem solver: You are part diplomat, part project manager. You can motivate groups of people and bring them together to execute ambitious projects. You get things done.
- An ideas person: You are naturally creative and enjoy brainstorming and collaborating. When you look at a story in the headlines, you can envision how to approach it from additional, reader-focused angles.
- Immersed: You come with a deep interest in all things Cooking Light with a specific interest in beautiful, delicious, healthy food. When we invite you in for an interview, we’ll be able to feel your energy, enthusiasm, and interest.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Contract Listing Photographer
Airbnb, Madrid, Florence, New Orleans
Freelance Social Media Intern Fall 2017 (Paid)
Uncubed, New York, NY
Snapchat Discover Writer, Essence
Time Inc., New York, NY
Boxed, NJ Warehouse
Freelance Branded Assistant Editor
BuzzFeed, Sao Paulo
Integrated Producer - France
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands