Associate Production Manager, Food & Wine/Cooking Light
Time Inc., Birmingham, AL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
COOKING LIGHT and FOOD & WINE are looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and resourceful Associate Production Manager to assist in the print production process for two unique titles. The ideal candidate for this position is a dedicated self-starter, capable of working independently in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. This candidate should be able to juggle multiple tasks at one time and meet all deadlines with a positive and communicative attitude. Job title is commensurate with experience.
- Assist the Production Director and Managing Editor in overseeing the daily production of COOKING LIGHT and FOOD & WINE print content, including FOOD & WINE books and special editions; help remote and local staff prioritize tasks and meet their deadlines
- Work with the CL and F&W art department and Production Director to maintain the high quality of prepress color work
- Preflight and ship print files
- Work with the photo department and Time Inc. rights team to manage photo content
- Track alternate forms of content (including special editions and Time Inc. Book content) and manage the transferal of these assets to the digital team
- Collaborate with the Production Director, Managing Editor, and edit team to establish a streamlined editorial workflow for a digital-first environment
- Assist consumer marketing, advertising, freelancers, and editors with image and content requests; package design assets for freelancers
- Assist in liaising with the ad production team, as well as with our print separations team and printing plants
- Approve issue bluelines
- Organize pre- and post-production assets
- 3 to 5 years of print production experience; digital production experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InCopy and InDesign; working knowledge of digital content management systems a plus
- A flexible, problem-solving nature and a thirst for learning, with a desire to grow your skillset and contribute to new workflows and efficiencies
- An impeccable eye for detail, as well as an eye for color
- A collaborative, creative work style and strong communication skills
- The ability to multitask and perform meticulous work under tight deadlines
- An understanding of the COOKING LIGHT and FOOD & WINE brands, as well as a general interest in food content
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.