Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. Studios, Time Inc.’s in-house video studio group, seeks a Broadcast Engineer to join our video engineering team that maintains facilities and systems that create content for TIME, PEOPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ESSENCE and other Time Inc. properties. This person will be expected to support Time Inc. Video Operations with day-to-day technical support of live, as-live and VOD content production and regular maintenance of video equipment in our Manhattan facility. This person would report directly to the Director of Video Engineering.
- Set up for live and pre-taped shows in the studio and for remote production.
- Actively participate in the maintenance and configuration of all broadcast and streaming equipment.
- Stand by to assist Studio Technicians and Technical Directors with day to day technical studio operations including camera shading, video and audio routing and patching, remotes, satellite media tours, audio mixing, coms, and tally routing.
- Work with Engineering team to develop and revise documentation (AutoCAD).
- Manage technical resource utilization between 5 active studios and 2 control rooms.
- Actively participate in the support for video operations teams including root cause analysis and preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot technology issues as they arise through root cause analysis.
- Experienced: 3-5 years of video engineering experience at a live broadcast and/or streaming station, post facility or web video channel. Strong knowledge of production equipment including cameras, lights, switchers, graphic generators, encoders, audio boards and other video equipment required. Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies from studio and post production to master control and distribution also required. Bachelor's Degree in TV, Film or Broadcast Production or Technology.
- Communicative: Strong communication skills (written and verbal) not just in day-to-day operations but also between you and the wider team.
- Digital: You are familiar with production and post workflows including custom MAM, SAN, DAM workflows as well as off the shelf software including Adobe Creative Cloud, Final Cut Pro, ProTools. Knowledge of Dante routing and networking, Evertz routing and distribution, RTS, Image Video, Ross Carbonite, Yamaha QL5, Hitachi cameras, CCUs strongly preferred. Understanding of IP networking as well as PC & Mac software and hardware required.
- Calm under pressure: You are organized and professional, and can deliver quality work within a busy production environment. You are attentive to the needs of the production teams including awareness of budget and deadlines.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Machine Learning Engineer
The Sourcery, Augment Solutions
Solutions Engineer (German & English Speaking)
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Software Development Engineer, Data, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Backend Developer (Java) (m/f) Berlin
Senior Software Development Engineer
Heal, Los Angeles