Network Broadcast Engineer
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. Studios, Time Inc.’s in-house video studio group, seeks a Network Broadcast Systems Engineer to join our video engineering team that maintains facilities and systems that create content for TIME, PEOPLE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, ESSENCE and other Time Inc. properties. This person will be expected to support Time Inc. Video Operations with day-to-day technical support of live, as-live and VOD content production and regular maintenance of video equipment in our Manhattan facility. This person would report directly to the Director of Video Engineering.
- Install and maintain networked broadcast infrastructure including: automation, audio networking, streaming and encoding, VLANs, SNMP, and Layer 3 switching and routing.
- Actively participate in the maintenance and configuration of all broadcast and streaming equipment.
- Work with Engineering team to develop and revise documentation (AutoCAD).
- Actively participate in the support for video operations teams including root cause analysis and preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot technology issues as they arise through root cause analysis.
- Experience: 3-5 years of video network engineering experience at a live broadcast and/or streaming station, post facility or web video channel. Strong knowledge of production equipment including cameras, lights, switchers, graphic generators, encoders, audio boards and other video equipment. Understanding of broadcast television and streaming technologies from studio and post production to master control and distribution. Experience with production and post workflows including custom MAM, SAN, DAM workflows. PC and Mac hardware and software knowledge required. Proficiency in AutoCAD, Excel, Visio, and general office software. Bachelor's Degree in TV, Film or Broadcast Production, Technology, or Engineering.
- Communicative: Strong communication skills (written and verbal) not just in day-to-day operations but also between you and the wider team.
- Technical expertise: Experience with Dante routing, layer 3 networking and routing, and IP infrastructure. Ability to make and maintain Telestream Vantage workflows. Knowledge of Telestream Vantage is required. Knowledge of Evolphin Zoom software including server configuration and maintenance. Strong knowledge of IP networking and Amazon AWS experience required.
- Certification: SBE CBNE certification a plus.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.