Hair & Makeup Artist
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. Video seeks an enthusiastic and experienced Hair and Make Up Artist to join our New York operations team creating daily live and VOD content for all Time Inc. properties. This person will work directly with internal and external talent, outside vendors, and the Studio Manager in support of live and live to tape shows and pre-tapes at our lower Manhattan facility.
- Apply make up in a manner appropriate for both men and women; often this has to be accomplished very quickly with a high level of skill.
- Have experience working on different hair textures and lengths. Must be able to achieve desired styles, blow dry, use the appropriate hair products and use techniques to create specific looks.
- Provide excellent customer service for Time Inc. talent and guests who are visiting the studios by always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor.
- Be engaged on what shoots are on the schedule, and pop in and out of studios as necessary to do touch ups on talent.
- Work quickly and accurately under pressure and be open to schedule changes.
- Keep the hair and make up room and styling products clean, the area free of clutter, and identify products that need to be replenished to management so that supplies are well stocked.
- Understand that the nature of live video may require a flexible schedule to accommodate the studios; the need may arise to work earlier or later depending on breaking news.
- Experience: 5+ years working in a video setting doing Hair/Make up on talent (ex. commercials, live TV, internet video, movies). Education and certifications in hair and makeup required.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent verbal, scheduling and booking skills, and are detail oriented. You’re personable and enjoy working with many different personalities.
- Flexibility: You are easily adaptable in fast paced settings. Talent touch ups may get added on short notice and we’re looking for someone who can roll with the punches.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.