Software Development Engineer In Test - Automation
Time Inc., Los Angeles, CA
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement, learning sessions and attendance at tech conferences to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our Engineers:
- Have Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "done" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work with a modern technology stack, but you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies.
- Be a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to make an impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually. You seek new methods and tools to make great websites faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Never stop Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and training sessions; attending tech conferences.
- Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test - Automation, you can look forward to the following:
- Design and build tooling, scalable and maintainable test infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
- Define, implement, and analyze metrics to determine test effectiveness and the overall quality of software
- Research, share, and recommend new technologies, best practices, and trends
- Partner with various product and engineering teams to develop system test automation and infrastructure
- Help improve test/quality methodologies while working with existing software development teams
- Diagnose issues, report defects, and propose regression tests to discover reoccurrences
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on software development experience
- Relevant experience in Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Relevant experience in any one mobile (iOS and Android) and web test automation tools/frameworks (i.e. Calabash, Appium, Robotium, Selenium, Robot, Watir, Cucumber)
- Relevant experience in developing test strategies, architecting test frameworks and testing tools to support automated testing
- Strong programming skills in Java and Python
- Proficient with Unix-like systems and command-line tools
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an Software Development Engineer in Test role
- BS. in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or work experience)
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit Time Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Autonomous Driving Research Engineer - Perception
DiDi Labs, Silicon Valley
IT Network Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Software Engineer, Front-End
Vertebrae Inc, Santa Monica
Quality Assurance Analyst
Software Engineer (Data)
Postmates, San Francisco
Mobile Engineer, Android - Contract
Vungle, San Francisco