Manager, Advertising Insights
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Reporting to the Director, Ad Effectiveness, the Manager will serve as strategic consultant to our sellers, supporting the advertising insights needs of the Corporate Sales & Marketing Group and the brands across Time Inc.’s portfolio. This is a front-line position whose goal is to best set Time Inc. up for sales success. The Manager will have strong knowledge of primary research techniques and project manages the process from idea inception through presentation.
- Manage all phases of custom research projects from drafting RFPs to report delivery
- Determine appropriate methodologies based on client objectives, prepare proposals for suppliers and clients, oversee sample design and selection, questionnaire development, field preparation and management, tabulation, data analysis and report writing
- Learn new accountability tools as necessary to conduct analyses on corporate program performance and to give guidance on campaign effectiveness
- Supervise and manage research vendors/partners, keeping track of key project details such as timing, recruitment of respondents, survey programming, and data output, and troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Act as a consultant to the Corporate Integrated and Digital Sales Staffs
- Partner to build compelling case studies that marry analysis with storytelling
- Provide POVs on various modeling solutions and alternative approaches
- Explain custom research capabilities for digital, print and cross media projects
- Interface with and train sales & marketing staffs
- Enhance the case study portfolio and generalize learnings
- Collect, expand and organize our case study library to serve as an insights resource
- Generalize results from new accountability tools
- Develop principles for successful digital campaigns
- Seek and evaluate new suppliers, lead pilots with new partners and services, manage and evaluate supplier performance and make recommendations to senior research management
- 3+ years of experience at a media, agency, brand or marketing agency that includes managing ad effectiveness research and insights for digital and traditional media
- Experience directly managing vendors, project timelines and giving strategic direction and feedback to those executing projects
- Strong advertising background with emphasis on web, mobile, video, social and experiential
- Basic familiarity with syndicated data (print, web, mobile, social, video, etc.)
- Experience interfacing with Advertising Sales a plus
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strategic thinker and storyteller able to analyze and translate data into actionable insights and effective sales presentations
- Strong presentation skills, both in large meetings and day-to-day consults with internal clients.
- Proven analytic and project management skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to handle multiple projects with deadlines simultaneously
- A four-year college degree is required
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit Time Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Originals Publicity Director - Middle East, Turkey & Africa
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Senior Employment Counsel
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Salesforce Administrator - Contract
HashiCorp, San Francisco, CA
Blue State Digital, NYC