Analytics Specialist, Video Data Visualization and Reporting
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The video analytics specialist is a multi-talented driven analytics professional that is passionate about media and data. The role is fluent in the language of both business and technology (SQL, D3, data visualization etc). The position will play an instrumental role in analyzing, exposing, and connecting the dots with data. This role creates insights from our own internal data.
The Analytics reporting specialist is a key contributor in providing data and actionable insights that ensure success for our Sales and Brand teams. It’s important that this candidate have the technical ability to mine and retrieve data and implement technical solutions while having the business acumen and social skills to communicate with executives in the company.
- Work on the analytics team, with GMs, product and engineering to help synthesize questions, understand our customer data and query the correct answer in way that is easily understood.
- Assist Sales with gathering accurate data about audience and consumers to respond to our clients (advertisers) and help with optimization of those client campaigns
- Deliver analyses such as: customer feature/retention correlation, advertising performance analysis, website analytics, customer segmentation, lifetime value analysis, and cross channel analysis
- Become an expert in Time Inc's audience and their behavior across our properties
- Proactively identify insights that help stakeholders achieve their objectives and improve products and services
- Customer data based data query and visualization experience (data from web, iOS and Android environments)
- Hands on experience with SQL queries and popular data warehouses like Google BigQuery and AWS Redshift.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills
- Experience working with popular query writing tools like Looker or Mode Analytics.
- Strong experience with online user behavior and familiarity with the types of events generally tracked.
- A desire to prove the correct answer to yourself via multiple angles or queries on the hypothesis
- Experience working at a broadcast network a plus
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Scientist (Chicago)
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL
Senior Security Operations Engineer
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Senior Machine Learning Scientist, Content Programming
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Salesforce Analyst and Administrator (Contract)
Pinterest, San Fransisco
Research Scientist Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.