Associate Editor, Travel + Leisure
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Associate Editor at Travel + Leisure is heavily engaged with reporting and editing travel news and service content for print, digital, and social platforms. The ideal candidate should be a high-metabolism journalist equally at home with editing front-of-book content for the magazine and publishing daily posts and guides for travelandleisure.com.
- Write and edit some of T+L’s core travel content, including material relating to hotels, airlines, travel agents, and more.
- Contribute both stand-alone front-of-book magazine and be a part of the team that produces some of T+L’s regular franchises, such as World’s Best, It List, and Where To Go.
- Produce daily content for the web, as well as work on longer-term digital projects, such as destination guides and new digital verticals.
- Take regular desksides, attend industry events, and serve as an ambassador for the T+L brand.
- Be an active participant in T+L’s social strategy, including contributing to Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and Snapchat.
- Contribute travel content to T+L’s sister brand, Departures.
- Three to five years working at a national magazine or website. A mix of digital and print experience preferred, but candidates who have only digital experience should feel welcome to apply. Experience with lifestyle content is a must; fluency with travel content is a big plus.
- Demonstrated track record in editing and writing high-volume, high-quality daily content, with news reporting experience a definite advantage.
- A small rosters of news writers who can contribute regularly to both travelandleisure.com and to the print magazine front of book.
- Background reporting and shaping content specifically for social platforms is not mandatory but helpful.
- Experience producing guides and packages (for print or the web) is not mandatory but helpful.
- On-camera experience is also a huge plus.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Physical Production - LATAM
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
News Video Operations Manager
BuzzFeed, New York
Manager, Physical Production - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Creative Project Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Koch / Köchin / Chef de Partie (m/f)
Junior Social Media Fellow
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles