Audience Engagement Editor, Health.com & TIME Health
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
TIME Health seeks a Associate Audience Engagement Editor to oversee the social strategy for our 11+ million followers. The ideal candidate has at least 2-4 years experience at a digital media brand, and a proven track record for engaging users and increasing page views, referrals, and video views on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and more. Experience with social-friendly video and a deep interest—and ability to react to--analytics is a major plus, as is a strong familiarity with social influencers in food, fitness, beauty, health, and wellness.
- Know what works on each social platform, and have the ability to change tack with algorithm shifts
- Use data analytics platforms such as Omniture to track performance, report to the edit team, and inform social media strategy
- Be able to react quickly to trending or vial stories to maximize engagement
- Manage a social media assistant to schedule daily posts
- Work with other Time Inc. brands such as Real Simple, Cooking Light, and more, to meet cross-brand initiatives and goals.
- Pitch story and video ideas that resonate on social media, particularly Facebook
- Tuned in: The newest body-positive post everyone's sharing? The latest study on coffee? The crazy (but totally doable) makeup hack? You already know about it. We need someone who can pitch these ideas and explain how we can cover them from the Health perspective.
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You’re energized by trying new things – building on them if they work, or moving on to the next big idea if they don’t. You can run with a project on your own, but you also love working within a team to meet goals.
- Digital: Twitter, Facebook and are the tools of your trade. You are fluent in social publishing platforms, and you're able to measure the value of your efforts with analytics. You can back up your work with the data to prove it’s working.
- Open-minded: You know how to work alone and also with others to enhance your brand and others across the company with smart, strategic planning.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.