Consumer Development Strategy Analyst
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as more than 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Consumer Marketing Development Strategy Analyst will join the Time Inc. Consumer Market Development Team. This team is a highly dynamic, flexible collection of resources that function as an internal consulting team focused on developing new revenue opportunities across all Time Inc. brands. The Consumer Market Development team is rapidly consulted to provide significant analytic and strategic insight to guide executive decision making.
The Analyst will support the Director and Senior Manager in supporting and driving new product ideation, prioritization and business model/plan development. The expectation for the Analyst is someone who can support the day-to-day analytics required to prioritize and incubate new product opportunities, while also thriving with a meaningful amount of exposure to leadership across the organization.
- Manage the day-to-day analytic execution involved in developing transformative new product ideas across all Time Inc. brands, from the point of initial ideation to securing executive investment approval
- Execute the work required to ensure timely and robust analytic assessments of new product opportunities, usually across multiple projects simultaneously, including:
- Market/competitor assessments
- Business model development
- Strategic analyses
- Be heavily involved in new product innovation workshops as needed
- Present analysis and updates to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Work across the organization and brand teams to most effectively develop ideas/analysis and gain internal support for key opportunities
- Knowledgeable: You bring prior experience in an analytically rigorous environment and candidates with Management Consulting, Investment Banking or analytically driven New Product Development experience at leading companies are exceptionally qualified. A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required and experience with Google Analytics is a plus.
- Business-savvy: You have experience developing business plans (including the robust analysis that goes into creating them) and securing investment. You also bring the ability to conduct data-driven analysis and build robust analytic and financial models to support business case development. You're comfortable operating in an environment of change and managing through ambiguity.
- Collaborative: You are skilled at working across organizations and building highly productive working relationships. You’re able to prioritize and balance multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, changing environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, can-do attitude and are looking to join a team of like-minded individuals. You think strategically, creatively and realistically. You're able to pitch in at all stages of product development (both creative and analytical).
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Keyholder, Boston - Seaport
Bonobos, Boston, MA
Technical Customer Success Manager
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Strategic Account Manager - Midwest
DoorDash, Chicago, IL
Sales Analyst Intern
PlayStation, Toronto, Ontario, CAN
Warby Parker, Cambridge, MA
Practice Director, EMEA North