Contributor Editor, The Drive
Time Inc., Brooklyn, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Drive is looking for an inquisitive, detail-oriented and incredibly thorough editor to work seamlessly with our contributing writers on short news posts. The right candidate for this position has a sharp ear for language, truly enjoys polishing a story until it shines and is passionate about ensuring The Drive's news content is clear, logical, accurate, grammatical and enjoyable to read. This candidate also works well in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. This person will work closely with other editors to maintain the quality, tone, accuracy and editorial style of the site and should be open to work flexible hours with potentially alternating weekend shifts.
- Thoroughly copy edit digital content in a timely fashion on a daily basis
- Assign news stories to aggregate to contributors
- Work with editors to implement a consistent tone throughout all content while carefully preserving the distinctive voices of our writers
- Proactively identify workflow efficiencies, as well as ways to make our content better, clearer and more enjoyable for our readers
- A minimum of one year of editing and experience with a digital platform
- Knowledge of the automotive industry
- An eye for news and active internet trends
- Proficiency in Chicago and/or AP style
- A keen eye for details, both in the text and in the layout, enabling you to spot everything from an errant comma to an incorrect font to a mislabeled caption
- A relentless drive for accuracy and consistency
- A collaborative, creative work style and strong communication skills
- The ability to multitask and perform meticulous work under tight deadlines
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Time Inc., New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Associate Content Editor, Brand Experience (Freelance)
Refinery29, New York
Trips / Airbnb Experiences: Freelance Photographer or Videographer
Airbnb, Mexico city, Rio, Havana
Time Inc., New York, NY
Coordinator, Production Planning - Worldwide Studio
Netflix, Los Angeles, California