Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE and SOUTHERN LIVING, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc.has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated franchises and events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
This job posting is for candidates interested in entry-level editorial roles across Time Inc. If you are interested in working for any specific brands, please indicate that in your cover letter. We keep this position posted at all times, but opportunities are not always available.
An Editorial Assistant at Time Inc. writes, reports and researches a variety of stories, from breaking news and reviews to profiles and trend pieces. He or she is also responsible for the department’s administration—coordinating calendars and meetings, processing invoices and keeping databases of important dates and other relevant industry information. The ideal candidate is resourceful, organized, efficient, creative and an accomplished multitasker who has a passion to learn and grow at Time Inc.
- Assist the senior editorial team with administrative tasks, including handling writers’ contracts and payments, keeping schedules, filing expenses, booking travel and managing contact lists.
- Support the editor in all administrative tasks.
- Support staff editors with research for both print and digital stories, including finding content from other publications, doing web research, conducting interviews, pitching ideas and reaching out to industry contacts.
- Take minutes at monthly brainstorming meetings.
- Facilitate editorial staff meetings and coordinate with regional offices.
- Report and write for social (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), digital and print.
- Assist with reader letters, event coordination, and more, as needed.
- Experienced: We’re looking for someone with one to two years of experience, including internships, in the editorial sphere.
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive on building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego—and crushing it.
- Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. You’re also familiar with working in or with large organizations and leading projects to completion.
- Communicative: Peers, bosses and direct reports flock to you for your dynamism and clarity. Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re delivering a presentation, hosting a meeting or sending a simple email.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit Time Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior 3D Character Artist
Pocket Gems, San Francisco, CA
Hypebeast, New York
Freelance Video Editor / Videographer
Hypebeast, Los Angeles
Designer: Snapchat Discover
Refinery29, New York
Video Shooter/Editor (Contract)
POPSUGAR, New York
Senior Brand Communications Manager
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California