Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE and SOUTHERN LIVING, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Financial Analyst will assist with advertising pricing, expense reporting and analysis, and month-end close accounting, budgeting and forecasting, in addition to performing ad hoc analyses as required for assigned brands.
- Handle advertising pricing requests for unique ad units, including developing an understanding of ad revenue pricing and the print production process.
- Manage the weekly reporting schedule and send reports to senior management in a timely fashion.
- Perform ad hoc analyses as required, including pulling data from internal data warehouses, creating reports in Excel, interpreting the results and communicating recommendations to management.
- Assist in the month-end accounting close, including updating financial models, investigating and reporting budget variances and creating journal entries.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and monthly forecasts.
- Assist budget owners in tracking performance versus budgets.
- Review and reconcile select balance sheet accounts quarterly.
- Create miscellaneous invoices and handle collections for other revenue.
- Independent: You know how to take the lead to move a project forward. You thrive under pressure in a deadline-driven environment focused on quality, where you exhibit an ease with prioritizing responsibilities on multiple projects simultaneously. You’re flexible and understand how to adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven: You have one to two years of business experience in a finance or analytical role where you offered insights that helped an organization use data to make decisions. You demonstrate strong Excel skills (formulas, pivot tables, macros and data management). A familiarity with PeopleSoft Financials is a plus.
- Communicative: Grace under pressure. That’s what you have. You’re indispensable to bosses and teammates alike for your calm, direct approach to communication—whether you’re drafting an email, delivering a presentation or communicating a recommendation to a senior leader. You know how to interact with people across all levels of an organization.
- Analytics-obsessed: You’re a connector of dots. People know you as the go-to Excel whisperer. You’re able to look at a massive spreadsheet and unpack it for truth, using your exceptionally strong analytical qualitative and quantitative skills to guide teams on impactful decisions.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit Time Inc.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Real Estate Agent (Las Vegas, NV)
Movoto, Las Vegas, Nevada
Manager, Marketing Music
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Strategic Finance Manager
BlueVine, Redwood City, CA
Director, Strategic Finance
Accordion Partners, San Francisco
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Legal Director, Employment
Ofo, Seattle, WA