Intern - Ad Systems
Time Inc., Bangalore, India
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
To support the Advertising Systems & Analytics function for specific data processing, analytical support and data testing on competitive advertising issues and datasets for all Time Inc. brands across all media platforms. This includes, providing day-to-day as well as ad hoc support to the Bangalore and New York team.
- First-level testing of basic reports and “The Well” (research & insights repository)user interface
- Run canned reports on The Well and QC these spends with data available on the database; while also comparing the numbers from previous months/years to find any discrepancies
- Fulfilling select ad spending data requests from the Category Insights team (NY and India) using MicroStrategy
- Tracking and updating Strategy + Insights JIRA tickets (Level P3 and P4)
- Run PIB reports on MicroStrategy each month post data release; and compare them against the previous month/YoY data to check for accuracy.
- Run the SQL code to fetch data for the Digital research group (tablet reporting), and deliver in the prescribed format
- Run Well usage reports, per required frequency (monthly)
- Keep a track of emails flowing into the Well Inbox and update if any action is required
- Work with ETL, DW and QA team to resolve varied business-pertinent issues
- Establish a good working relationship with New York team
Must have (Technical):
- Data visualizationknowledge/experience, superior knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Good understanding of any BI tool (MicroStrategy preferred) and its advanced functionalities
- Must demonstrate a willingness, interest, and aptitude to learn new technologies and skills (including MicroStrategy)
- Good understanding of DW (Data Warehouse) concepts and Data Modeling
- Good understanding of security, report and information distribution, and other related BI enterprise concerns and considerations
- Ability to work with fluid teams in an unstructured, start-up environment
- Supported or worked with IT teams on data/database/meta-data issues
Must have (Non-Technical):
- Candidate must be a responsive and enthusiastic team player with excellent communication skills who can build good work relationships. A conceptual thinker with good analytical and a problem-solving sensibility
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- A self motivator who is able to get things done independently. Good business writing skills and the ability to multi-task seamlessly; and to work gracefully under deadlines
Good to have (Technical/Non-Technical): Experience with tools like (MicroStrategy, Tableau, Aquadata Studio etc.), Intermediate Knowledge of SQL, Statistical Knowledge, Understanding of Publishing, Advertising, Media and Digital functions, Knowledge of ad sales, media research across multiple platforms.
Bachelors in Engineering with major in Computer Science and/or a post graduate degree/diploma in technical education
Good to have: Prior experience working with English-speaking clientele in a clear and professional manner, exposure to advertising trends for major brands/advertisers
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Marketing Associate - Austin
Lyft, Austin, TX
Localization Program Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Senior Marketing Operations & Infrastructure Manager
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Marketing Assistant - Social Media - Long Island
Yelp, Long Island, NY
Travel Manager, Original Series Publicity
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Online Marketing Manager (m/f)