Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Synapse Group, Inc., a division of Time Inc., is a cross-channel affinity marketing company and is the largest marketer of magazines in the U.S. Synapse develops self-funded marketing programs that help some of the world’s largest consumer companies build brand loyalty, acquire new customers, and increase revenue. With access to over 700 consumer titles, our seamless programs optimize customer touch-points across online, retail, phone, and print. Synapse is based in Stamford, CT
Synapse Technology team is looking for a high energy and upbeat individual that wants to work in a challenging, dynamic environment where speed to market is a critical component of success. Come join a smart and agile culture to help lead quality initiatives with a global team that supports multiple applications using a variety of technologies, including, ecommerce & cloud technologies.
This role will involve software development of key modules for Synapse's e-Commerce and online marketing platforms. Responsibilities for engineering will span all aspects of e-Commerce. You will contribute to the ecosystem's design and architecture, and be responsible for detailed design of full vertical modules within the platform. This role involves significant hands-on engineering. Developing large-scale systems using service-oriented architecture is a must as that will be part of your routine role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with relevant software development experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java, groovy, or equivalent object-oriented programming language; or demonstrated ability to quickly learn new programming languages and tools
- Track record of strategic technical leadership
- Ability to lead and guide team through conceptual, high level and low level designs; while handling multiple priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Extensive expertise with java development frameworks including Spring (MVC), Hibernate (ORM), JMS
- Proficiency with at least one modern web framework (Grails preferred)
- Strong SQL / relational database programming skills (Oracle)
- Extensive experience with REST& SOAP services (both creation and consumption)
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and Software-as-a-Service (Saas) systems such as Amazon AWS is preferred
- Collaborative:You have a flexible, open approach to work. You thrive building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it.
- Organized: You live by prioritization and organization. You’re a born multitasker who loves to take on a good challenge; especially on a tight deadline. You see the big picture, but your attention to detail and creative flair make you an invaluable asset to any team.
- A Communicator: Whether written or orally, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- A Problem-solver: You’re a results-oriented multi-tasker who runs to – not from – a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You have a personal commitment to complete a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see that all assignments are completed correctly and uphold department and company standard.
- Will serve as a lead (both for technical and domain) for cross-functional and cross-organizational projects in the department or business. Recognized as the coding expert and provide technical advice to multiple teams
- Recommend improvements to the way systems are built and deployed across the company
- Conduct design and code reviews for other engineers both junior and senior and offer feedback on issues - architecture, design, system integration, performance, and scalability.
- On-call as level 3 application support; perform incident and problem resolution
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, goals and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.