Product Manager, Ad Products
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated franchises and events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Time Inc. Product Platform team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead development of digital ad product needs, especially in the sponsored content sphere. The right candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience as a Product Manager and at least 1 year experience working with ad products.
This a great opportunity to work with the rapidly growing field of sponsored content and to help build platform product at scale. You will be building a system that publishes and manages this sponsored content, as well as custom dashboards to support our sales and audience development teams, and reporting for our advertisers. This role will also provide the opportunity to work on and develop emerging ad products.
- Provide the product vision and leadership to build and launch a new system for publishing sponsored content for Time Inc.’s content studio, The Foundry.
- Build and launch dashboards to help track performance of this content.
- Communicate the vision of this product to multiple teams and gather their feedback as you go from MVP to functional platform.
- Lead all day-to-day aspects of the product development lifecycle.
- Define and manage the product vision and goals, including the prioritization of new product launches, enhancements to existing features using data as a driver and for justification.
- Help cross-functional teams to develop product requirements and goals, while balancing business drivers, corporate initiatives, consumer needs, technical considerations and timelines.
- Partner with development leads to provide project management, including keeping the team accountable to deadlines and commitments, for the implementation of enhancements and new features.
- Finish out project lifecycle by owning the user acceptance testing process, managing launch communications, and post launch analysis of usage and effectiveness.
- Manage the process with external partners and vendors when defining requirements that involve integration with third-parties (such as advertising partners, resellers, web-tracking vendors, etc.).
- Troubleshoot issues that arise in production; escalate to appropriate parties for resolution.
- Identify, analyze and evaluate new product & business opportunities based on market trends and research.
- Monitor competitive trends and track features/functionality of competitive set.
- 3-5 years of product management experience and at least 1 year knowledge of ad platforms across web, mobile and video used in managing content-driven websites.
- Prior experience influencing cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- A data-driven and results-oriented approach with the ability to bridge the gap between business and technical stakeholders to effectively and efficiently execute and deliver on a product roadmap.
- Highly organized with the ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions.
- A self-motivated personality with a general curiosity for how things work and how to make things better.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum product management: running daily stand-ups, sprint planning, lean product testing, etc.
- Familiarity with Drupal (or similar content management tools), JIRA (or similar project management tools), and Google Analytics (or similar digital analytics).
- Strong relationship building skills that will allow collaboration with team partners to drive consensus and rally around a product/business opportunity.
- Articulate and a good communicator who will be able to portray complex technical concepts in an easy-to-understand and accessible manner.
- Prior experience in ad tech preferred.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Local Business Products
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Head of Product Management
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Product Manager, Infrastructure
Slack, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, São Paulo, Brazil
Senior R&D Technician
Harry’s, New York, NY