Time Inc. is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc.has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated franchises and events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Senior Developer, Online Operations will be part of a central team that supports all initiatives for Consumer Marketing + Revenue. Candidate should be comfortable with meeting with the business on a regular basis and leading projects independently or in collaboration with other developers on the team.
- Lead front end development of consumer marketing subscription and authentication forms, landing pages, and ad served units, across all Time Inc brands Responsibility
- Ensure the technical feasibility of creative designs Responsibility
- Collaborate with IT, Ad Operations, and brands to ensure a functional and usable experience for consumers, across mobile and desktop platforms
- 3-5 yrs experience in:
- Responsive design and mobile development
- Experience with JSON data
- Excellent understanding of asynchronous request handling and AJAX
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues, and experience debugging issues using browser developer tools
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to provide technical guidance and explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical staff
- Basic knowledge of image tools, i.e. Gimp, Irfanview, in order to make basic edits to images when necessary. Adobe Photoshop a plus.
- Experience working in a deadline driven, fast paced environment
- Experience with version control. CVS highly preferred.
- Experience with Unix.
- Experience with Apache Velocity highly preferred and a plus.
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Google Analytics
- Google Optimize
- Web Services
- Portfolio demonstrating front end development experience required (github a plus)
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Video Engineer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer: Backend (CS Tech)
Time Inc., New York, NY
Software Engineer - Intern - Summer
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - iOS
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer - Frontend (Portland)
Airbnb, Portland, United States