Senior Editor, Travel + Leisure
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
The Senior Editor at Travel + Leisure is responsible for developing travel-related content in multiple formats across a variety of platforms, while also contributing travel ideas and stories to T+L’s sister brand, Departures. The ideal candidate will have a nose for a good story and a canny sense of the best way to package and deliver that story for maximum impact.
- Edit reported front-of-book stories, essays, packages, and features.
- Work closely with the photo and art departments to achieve the optimal visual presentation of your stories.
- Develop digital extensions, repackaging, and reimagining of print content, including custom slideshows, videos, and custom aggregation pages.
- Conceive and develop ambitious digital-only franchises, including some based around video or VR.
- Follow travel industry news and trends, maintaining regular contact with people in the industry and attending events as a representative of T+L.
- Play a role in growing the T+L brand in new arenas (events, e-commerce, podcasting, etc.)
- Write for print and online, while embracing the notion that this is first and foremost an editing job.
- Six or more years experience in a magazine and/or newspaper publishing environment, ideally with a mix of experience in print and digital.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the fundamentals of print magazine architecture, including deep familiarity with service journalism and an understanding of how to assemble front-of-book sections and packages.
- A track record of editing reported stories and a go-to roster of established, high-quality writers.
- Considerable digital fluency. Experience working with content management systems and digital productivity tools and awareness of online best practices is a must. Familiarity with analytics tools is a plus.
- Deep familiarity with lifestyle journalism, including travel. You don’t have to be a career travel specialist, but you should arrive with experience in the category and industry relationships in place.
- A collaborative working style and top-notch communication skills.
- Experience producing video or developing immersive online content isn’t required, but it is a plus.
- On-camera experience isn’t required, but it is a plus.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
BarkBox, New York, NY
Production Assistant, News Curation & Distribution (Contract)
BuzzFeed, New York
Creative Project Manager
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
News Features Video Producer
BuzzFeed, New York
Freelance Writer, Indianapolis
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group - Indianapolis
Koch / Köchin / Chef de Partie (m/f)