Senior Sub Editor
Time Inc., London, United Kingdom
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc UK is a leading content company that engages millions of consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. We have 60+ influential brands including Time, Fortune, InStyle, NME and Country Life.
- Working with the Deputy Chief Sub and Chief Subs to deliver subbed content across multiple brands for print, digital platforms and brands extensions
- Working with the Deputy Chief Sub to provide timely and quality services to the multiple brands across print and digital
- Subs, fact checks and rewrites copy across all brands and platforms
- Understands the brand values and strategy as defined by the Brand Group and their senior editorial team
- Follows best practice in Editorial Transformation software
- Works with the Deputy Chief Sub and Chief Subs to deliver against targets.
- Agrees and owns personal targets with Deputy Chief Sub and Chief Subs.
- Prioritises work in order to meet brand requirements.
- Responsible for each subbing task from its defined start to its defined finish including:
- Fitting copy and rewrites as necessary
- Maintaining house style
- Researching/checking accuracy and legality
- Generating content as and when requires
- Liaising with other departments
- Taking in proof and other corrections as necessary
- Ensuring layout is ready to art final
- Engenders a collaborative working environment between the team, brands and internal departments
- Is proactive in solving problems or facilitating the solving of problems with brand content, be they short term (problem with specific piece of content) or longer term (recurring problem with content)
- Is aware of the ‘bigger picture’ outside of individual subbing tasks, including overall strategy and brand values
- Participates in process of ongoing performance improvement
You should have:
- Good communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent subbing and writing skills
- Knowledge of print and digital production process
- Understanding of brand values and voice
- Knowledge of potential legal issues facing brands
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
Executive Assistant, Physical Production
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Software Engineer - Video CDN
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Creative Copywriter / Texter English (f/m)
DoorDash, San Francisco
Squarespace, New York, NY