Senior Systems Engineer
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multi-media landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform, The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio, and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Editorial Engineering group is responsible for architecting, developing, implementing, and supporting systems that content creators use to craft innovative and deeply-engaging stories and experiences. These systems include: story tracking and editorial workflow, photo DAMs, high-speed file transmission, and font management. You will be responsible for all server-side aspects of these systems, including architecture, configuration, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Focuses on, understands and owns systems within the team’s responsibility.
- Supports critical systems 24/7: triages problems to determine scope and impact; uses system tools and logs to determine problem source and implement permanent fixes.
- Identify and adopts best practices in system design, integration, automation, support, monitoring and documentation.
- Implements improvements to operating procedures; uses development and scripting to increase efficiency through automation.
- Uses knowledge of business, department and user needs to deliver appropriate technology solutions.
- Self-starter who is well organized, independent and able to self-manage projects.
- Analytical, reliable, and detail orientated.
- General triage and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems.
- Experience administering and supporting clustered Windows servers and MS SQL.
- Proficient working in a command-line environment and able to write bash/shell scripts.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or 3+ years of comparable technology experience in a corporate environment.
- Experience with editorial workflow systems (preferably WoodWing Enterprise).
- Experience with digital asset management systems (preferably MediaServer, Elvis, MediaBeacon).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (preferably InDesign, InCopy, Photoshop).
- Experience with Aspera Connect.
- Experience modifying and debugging Java code.
- Experience migrating to and supporting AWS technologies.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Senior Network Software Engineer
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Intern: Software Engineer 2018 (San Francisco and Seattle offices)
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Manager, UI Engineering - TV
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Security Engineer, Infrastructure Protection
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Backend Software Engineer
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA