Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE and SOUTHERN LIVING, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED's Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. is seeking a capable Software Engineer to join its ranks and help transform how we create and tell stories across our over 25 iconic brands, including PEOPLE, TIME, and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED.
As a full-stack engineer on one of our brand teams, you will build new storytelling tools. You'll collaborate to create great new audience experiences. You'll work closely with stakeholders in editorial, business, and product development to understand requirements, build prototypes, and deliver world-class products and features.
Time Inc is a Top 10 digital media company in the US, and our tech stack is powered by a wide array of technologies including NodeJS, PHP, React, and the AWS Cloud.
You Should Have:
- 1-2 years of CSS experience, CSS3 and SASS
- Knowledge of mobile-first, responsive website development
- Experience with a modern front-end framework ( React, Angular, Backbone/Marionette )
- Experience with Node/Express/HAPI
- Practical knowledge of Git or another DVCS
- Interest in taking a US Top 10 media company to the next level
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with a popular CMS such as Wordpress or Drupal
- An understanding of SQL or document databases
- Understanding of RESTful practices
- Having worked in an Agile environment ( Scrum, Kanban, Lean )
- An understanding of the software development lifecycle: engineering standards, code reviews, manual and automated testing
- Having worked in a publishing firm or other content-centric company.
- Practical knowledge of AWS technologies
- A Communicator: Whether written or oral, your communication skills are outstanding in any context. Your interactions with clients and coworkers move business forward in a dynamic and exciting entrepreneurial working environment.
- A Problem-solver: You’re a results-oriented multi-tasker who runs to - not from - a challenge. You’re able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and think independently. You are personally committed to completing a project with a conscientious attitude and good follow-through. You see to it that all assignments are completed correctly and uphold department and company standards.
- Accountable: You are the greatest critic of what you deliver. You are proud of your work, therefore, you stand by it. You work to develop and improve in all areas.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Front End Developer
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)
Service Platform Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Full Stack Software Engineer
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Sr. Software Engineer - Channels
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Senior Data Engineer
Zipline, Half Moon Bay, CA