Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Software Development Engineer II
Time Inc. | Time Inc Everywhere
Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company reaches more than 130 million people globally each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel + Leisure, Food & Wine, and Wallpaper.
Time Inc. is seeking talented, innovative Software Engineers to join the Content as a Service (CaaS) engineering team in Seattle, WA. The team’s charter is to provide a robust service infrastructure which enables content creation, sharing, and distribution through a single, centrally managed content platform. Engineering focus areas include media ingestion, storage, data enhancement, distribution, and discovery. The team owns a service ecosystem that is critical to Time Inc.'s content business across editorial and engineering teams creating web, video, and print content.
The job: Software Engineer II
Location: Seattle, WA
You are responsible for the design and implementation of software and services to provide a content platform that is scalable, highly available, and drastically reduces Time Inc.'s costs for content ingestion, management, discoverability, and distribution.
- Work closely with engineers developing editorial tools, web and mobile experiences.
- Implement new services, APIs, and operational monitoring functions.
- Own production services, investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies.
- Provide thorough and readable documentation for all services.
- Develop APIs that allow new content sources to be ingested, processed, and distributed to customers.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers, and editorial staff to define innovative ways to improve services and reduce costs.
- Participate in technical mentorship with engineers on the team by performing thorough code reviews, pairing, and ad hoc reviews of proposed solutions.
- Work with other teams across the company to share and establish best practices.
- Are passionate about code quality and lead by example to produce high quality, complex services and applications under tight timelines.
Successful applicants must have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years building applications deployed on AWS and the process to manage large data sets
- Demonstrated deep understanding of REST, service architecture, monitoring, and the tenants of horizontal scalability
- Experience developing complex and highly available services running in a production environment
- Extensive knowledge of object oriented and functional software design patterns, including those commonly used by large scale search and recommendation engines
- Proven experience developing and owning production services and applications deployed in AWS leveraging continuous integration and codified infrastructure.
- Extensive experience using Java, Dropwizard, Node.js, and Docker containers.
- Knowledge of NoSQL data stores, graph databases, indexing, distributed locking and media transformation
- Ability to translate user stories into technical tasks
- Ability to estimate effort effectively
- Strong communication, analytical and problem solving skills
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Aura Frames, San Francisco
Senior QA Engineer
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Full Stack Engineer - Operations Technology
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer (Risk)
Postmates, San Francisco
OPNFV Internship Opening: Upstream Authorization Driver for OpenDaylight
The Linux Foundation, Remote
IT Support Manager (m/f)