Software Engineer II | Microstrategy BI
Time Inc., Brooklyn, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
The Job: Software Engineer II | MicroStrategy BI
This position will work in the Data Architecture & Engineering unit of Time Inc and focuses on MicroStrategy metadata development working closely with the backend data warehouse team. In addition to MicroStrategy Architecture expertise, the ideal candidate will have backend data warehousing experience with the capability to design a data warehouse schema, populate with data, and deliver MicroStrategy projects to business stakeholders.
- Maintenance and enhancements of MicroStrategy Business Intelligence systems.
- Provide testing assistance on production updates, such as MicroStrategy upgrades, project rollouts, architecture modifications, and new reports.
- Partner with business users to identify gaps in our BI solutions and utilize MicroStrategy and data warehousing experience to identify technical solution path
- Develop an expertise in our advertising systems and operations, such that you develop an intuitive understanding of how to better serve our business partners
- Maintain and update skills in data warehousing, programming, and application development through monitoring of the MicroStrategy knowledge base, user groups, technical white papers and working with the data warehouse engineering team.
- Provide project manager with effort estimates to determine deliverable dates and report status.
- Creating new and innovative dashboards and BI / Analytics based on the latest technology.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a consistently high standard for resolution, follow-through and communication to the users and our IT partners on system issues and requested enhancements.
- Supports users with all system issues, questions and concerns, fielding their questions and determining the nature of the problem (training vs. technical). Either resolve the issue with the user, or act as a liaison between the IT group and the user community until the issue has been fully resolved.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Statistics or related field.
- Min 4 years of MicroStrategy Architect, Dashboard, and Report Development; MicroStrategy CPD, CRD preferred.
- Knowledge of data warehouse modeling and concepts.
- Strong SQL.
- Uses rigorous logic to solve difficult problems.
- Experience in large scale, complex data validations
- Media industry experience a plus.
- Experience with backend data warehouse schema design and ETL a big plus.
- Experience with other leading BI/Analytics tools a plus (Tableau, SAS, R, IBI WebFOCUS).
- Experience with other data manipulation/scripting languages (PERL, PYTHON, PIG, etc.) a plus.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Media Systems
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Software Engineer, iOS
FiftyThree, New York
Director of Technical Project Management - Cloud Migration
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Software Engineer University Grad - 2018
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY
Cloudreach, Atlanta, New York, Remote
Principal Security Engineer
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA