Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Sr. Data Warehousing Engineer
You will be working in the Data Architecture & Engineering unit of Time Inc., focusing on backend development using data warehouse technologies.
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of experience developing and designing large-scale data warehouse databases. Additionally, desired skills and qualifications for this role includes experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho Data Integration, ETL architecture for columnar databases, working with columnar database technologies, data modeling and architecture.
- Star and Snowflake schema data analysis, modeling and architecture.
- ETL and ELT architecture and development using tools such as Talend and Pentaho. Pentaho is a strong preference.
- Strong SQL and query tuning skills on MPP databases.
- Deep technical knowledge of columnar database technologies. Redshift is a strong preference.
- Experience with using external data processing engines for Big Data - AWS EMR preferred.
- Experience with working in the AWS cloud environment – EC2, S3, Redshift, IAM, EMR, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools and database design suited to these tools. Microstrategy metadata development experience a plus.
- Shell scripting, Python and Java experience a plus.
- Collaborative: You have a flexible, open approach to work. You approach your career like a journey, taking on big challenges with zero ego – and crushing it. You’re energized by working in the start-up atmosphere of the new Time Inc. International, a dynamic new digitally-led company-within-a-company.
- Proven: Yes, you love to roll up your sleeves and work in a new, uncertain environment. That said, you’re not unfamiliar with working in or with large organizations, leading projects to completion.
- Communicative: Your crystal clear approach to communication is immediately recognized, whether you’re collaborating with colleagues, attending a meeting, or sending a simple email.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Devops Engineer - Big Data Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Lead Software Engineer
CB Insights, New York
Software/Systems Engineer - Site Reliability (University Grad)
Squarespace, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA