Sr. Technical Program Manager
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
As Time Inc. continues to invest in streamlining their business and improving our software practices and efficiencies across all of our brands, we are seeking a capable and talented Sr. Technical Program Manager to help define and build Time Inc.'s next-generation data platform. This individual will participate in the ideation of and delivery of key aspects of our new architecture ranging from data ingestion, consumer behavioral insights, machine learning, data governance and customer privacy. The scope of this role is all aspects of data management for Time Inc. and its brands.
This role will involve requirements gathering for, and planning of key modules for Time Inc.'s next-generation data storage, management, learning and analytics platform. Responsibilities for the role will span all aspects of data at Time Inc. You will contribute to the ecosystem's vision and capabilities requirements, roadmap and delivery, and be responsible for productization of full vertical modules within the data platform. This role involves both coordinating engineers as well as significant collaboration with business stakeholders. Strong project and program management skills and incremental and rapid iteration delivery-orentied ethic is critical for this fast-moving and key initiative for Time Inc. Proven track-record of developing large-scale systems using service-oriented architecture is a must as that will be part of your routine role. Our efforts will include both individual system development as well as assessment and integration of third-party software products. Knowledge and experience utilizing standardized APIs and specifications are preferred. Knowledge in the data space around data management, ingestion, and learning is a must.
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years’ relevant experience
- Demonstrated proficiency running large-scale enterprise programs with measurable and impactful positive results
- Software solution and design skills with track record with multiple enterprise systems and their development and deployment to production
- Background in development or data engineering
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work in a team environment
- Proven ability to identify and mitigate the root cause of issues and mitigating risk in ongoing programs
- Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence
- Experience collecting software product requirements, describing software product features, and creating roadmap recommendations based on most impactful priorities
- Experience with cloud-based technologies and Software-as-a-Service (Saas) systems such as Amazon AWS.
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Experience in corporate strategic planning activities applying project management theory to real-world business challenges
- Experience working with data storage and/or management platforms as well as machine learning preferred.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
ThoughtWorks, New York
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Engineer, Projection & Exhibition - Studio Technologies
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Information Security Risk and Compliance Engineer
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Software Compiler Engineer
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Control Engineer Specialist for Production Lines (m/f)