Staff Editor, Digital Platforms
Time Inc., New York, NY
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading content company that engages over 150 million consumers every month through our portfolio of premium brands across platforms. By combining our distinctive content with our proprietary data and people-based targeting, we offer highly differentiated end-to-end solutions to marketers across the multimedia landscape. Our influential brands include People, Time, Fortune, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple and Southern Living, as well as more than 50 diverse titles in the United Kingdom. Time Inc. has been extending the power of our brands through various acquisitions and investments, including Viant, an advertising technology firm with a specialized people-based marketing platform; The Foundry, Time Inc.’s creative lab and content studio; and the People Entertainment Weekly Network (PEN). The company is also home to celebrated events, such as the Time 100, Fortune Most Powerful Women, People’s Sexiest Man Alive, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsperson of the Year, the Essence Festival and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
Time Inc. is seeking a creative, digital-savvy editor to work on cross-brand Snapchat Discover content. This person will have an obsession with social media and pop culture, a strong understanding of the type of content users want to consume on the platform, and a desire to make people swipe, share and laugh out loud. He or she should be enthused about all aspects of the process, from creative conception and design to execution and promotion of the content on other platforms.
- Work closely with editors and writers across all platforms and brands, video producers, designers, sales and marketing and business development
- Own the Snapchat space, helping manage and coordinate a growing team of writers
- Find new and innovative ways to engage and tell stories to our Snapchat audience
- Create and edit original content unique to the platform
- Move quickly and efficiently on breaking news stories, reactive pieces, awards shows and other special events where speed is key
- Come up with creative solutions to tailor content to advertisers
- Think short-term for daily editions and long-term for stunts and specials
- Develop Snapchat-specific tentpoles and franchises; we value out-of-box thinkers who can balance taking risks with maintaining our core brand integrity
- Fast, not loose: You move a million miles a minute — not because you’re told you to, but because you don’t know how to work any other way. You’re prepared to juggle multiple responsibilities, deadlines and personalities in a fast-paced environment focused on quality, adapting swiftly to a changing landscape.
- Proven: You have 3-4 years of professional experience working in a fast-paced, creative environment with strong editing and fact-checking skills, and a keen eye for detail. You have proven success in building and growing audiences for media sites and digital brands.
- Impassioned: The work you do gets you up in the morning. Your understanding of the Snapchat audience and its appetite for content gets you excited to come to work every day and you care deeply about your contributions to your team. It’s easy to get you fired up about a project, but you don’t burn out, you keep pushing until you’ve brought out the best in yourself.
- A natural: You have a unique voice that fits and evolves our brands, coupled with a passion for creating, dissecting and consuming all kinds of content. Your understanding of the Snapchat audience and its appetite for content makes you the perfect fit for this role.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Freelance Writer, Seattle
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group
BuzzFeed, Okinawa, Japan
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Digital Visuals Editor
San Francisco Chronicle, Downtown SF
Freelance Writer, San Francisco
Thrillist, Thrillist Media Group, San Francisco
Writer, Branded Video
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles