Data Engineer - Bizrate Insights
Time Inc., Los Angeles, CA
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Time Inc. (NYSE:TIME) is a leading multi-platform consumer media company that engages over 170 million consumers globally every month. The company's influential brands include PEOPLE, TIME, FORTUNE, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED, INSTYLE, REAL SIMPLE, SOUTHERN LIVING and TRAVEL + LEISURE, as well as approximately 60 diverse international brands. Time Inc. offers marketers a differentiated proposition in the marketplace by combining its powerful brands, trusted content, audience scale, direct relationships with consumers and unique first-party data. The company is home to growing media and platforms, including digital video, OTT, television, licensing, paid products and services and celebrated live events, such as the TIME 100, FORTUNE Most Powerful Women, PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED’s Sportsperson of the Year, the ESSENCE Festival and the FOOD & WINE Classic in Aspen.
Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement and learning sessions to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our Engineers:
- Have Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you ship. You'd never call code "released" until you’re confident it’s correct.
- You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage. You are excited to work with a modern front-end stack, but you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies.
- Be a team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Have an ability to make an impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually.
- Never stop Learning. Exposure to latest & great technologies; onsite tech talks and training sessions; attending tech conferences.
- Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You care about writing good code, design, performance and an outstanding user experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a big data environment
- Proven experience designing, building and operating in-production big data/stream processing and/or enterprise data warehouse is required
- Experience working with and performing analysis using large data sets
- Experience with large scale, concurrent applications
- Experience in MapReduce, Hive, Spark and HBase
- Familiarity with common data science toolkits, such as R, Jupyter, and Python
- Familiarity with at least one compiled language (Scala or Java)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda, EC2, S3, IAM etc.)
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and exhibits strong Computer Science Fundamentals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or any other technology related field. Masters preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with Agile and Lean Practices
- Partner with data scientists to build an infrastructure/pipeline to collect and analyze all necessary data
- Build tools for data scientists to access and use the platform
- Design and build complex applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, and high-reliability
- Write concise code utilizing complex algorithms that can run at scale to build data driven features
- Dive deep into performance, scalability, capacity, and reliability problems to resolve issues
- Develop models within distributed computing frameworks
- Take on research projects to improve data processing and implemented machine learning frameworks
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Content Creation
Reddit, San Francisco
Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Edge Reliability
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Senior Distributed Systems Engineer - Big Data Infrastructure
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer: Backend
Site Reliability Engineer - Machine Learning Systems
Quora, Mountain View, CA
IT Operations Technician (Contract)
Pinterest, San Fransisco