Data Warehouse ETL Developer
Time Inc., Tampa, FL
One of the largest branded media companies in the world
Job Description for Data Warehouse ETL developer:
The ETL developer works as part of our dynamic and fast paced development team. The team is responsible for new application development and/or enhancement of existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business. Specific assignments include application design and development, deployment, maintenance and support.
- Design extract, load and transform (ELT) components and process flow using Python or Pig and Hive in single or multi node environment
- Develop, test and automate applications using Unix Shell Scripts, and Perl.
- Work independently in the development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems of moderate-to-large size and complexity.
- Provide detailed analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- Work with project managers and business analysts to recommend/develop system solutions to business problems, and translate business requirements into technical specifications and applications
Required Skills or Experience
- Strong experience with AbInitio is a must
- Experience in Enterprise Data Warehouse on AWS is a plus
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with Data Warehouse development
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with UNIX environment, and experienced in shell and/or Perl programming.
- Strong understanding of Data warehousing methodology and ELT – ETL best practices
- Experience with Non Columnar and Columnar Databases with strong SQL scripting
- Data model design using a columnar database such as Redshift is a plus
- Experience with ETL /ELT data integration platforms as Pentaho, Talend, Informatica is a plus
- Experience in developing Data Warehouse applications using Python or Big data technologies (as Hadoop, Pig) is a plus
- Knowledge of code management using Git / SVN or other standard tool
- Familiar with DBMS table design, loading and tuning principles, and experience in SQL and stored procedures.
- The ability to work effectively across time zones with other global team members.
About Time Inc.
Time Inc. is the trusted voice of the human story. Through our 100 news and culture brands, consumers & marketers can leverage the power of Time Inc.’s stories every day, every hour, on every platform, from every angle, at the best possible moment.
Want to learn more about Time Inc.? Visit https://www.timeinc.com/
Jobs You May Like
Application Engineer, GitHub for Business
GitHub, Remote - Canada
Senior Cloud Engineer
1010data, New York
Yoyo Wallet, London
Enterprise Technical Support Sr. Analyst
Solutions Architect (EMEA)
Software Engineer II - Infrastructure
BounceX, New York