Software Engineer - Full Stack/Web - Analytics Platform
Tinder, San Francsico, CA
Swipe. Match. Chat.
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
What You'll Do:
As a Full Stack Software Engineer on the Analytics Platform team, you will architect and build SDKs to support and improve Tinder's data instrumentation at scale. You will work closely with mobile, data and backend engineers, focusing on the on-device implementation of analytics collection and transmission, as well as help build the next generation of the server-side systems that ingest this data. You will provide innovative, shared libraries and frameworks to promote standardization and unification across all platforms. You will also have the opportunity to build applications and tools to improve data quality, analytics, monitoring, and developer efficiency during integration and regression testing. The Analytics Platform team's projects are paramount to Tinder's success as a data-centric company and offer continual opportunities to collaborate throughout the organization.
- Design, Scope, and implement a reliable framework for data instrumentation
- Facilitate and advocate for migration to Protobuf and gRPC
- Monitor and improve event instrumentation, performance, and reliability
- Apply strategic performance improvements and optimizations
- Integrate with REST and Websocket backend
- Build internal tools to facilitate testing and analytics data quality
What You Bring:
- You've executed the design and implementation of APIs, server-side and client applications.
- You have experience debugging and profiling web applications in the browser.
- You have a strong understanding of performance tooling and actively improve loading and rendering performance
- Minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Development of complex applications using modern web frameworks, such as React/Redux or Angular.js
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.