Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world.
Our Product team is seeking an empathetic Director, User Research to lead and grow our research organization, propagate a strong research practice, influence product and business strategy, and drive understanding across the company. If you are someone that can take business requirements and generate a wide breadth of UX concepts, and put the concepts to the test to users to build inspiring and delightful user experiences, we want to hear from you!
In this job you will:
- Work closely with Chief Product Officer to identify research priorities based on gaps, opportunities and business objectives/strategy
- Use progressive research methods to gather and synthesize user (and target user) feedback into actionable insights
- Teach best practice user research to the rest of the product and product design team
- Implement strategic research best practices and pick tools that are needed for building our a best-in-class research team
- Share insights across the organization and help shape the product strategy/roadmap
- Work closely with the GDPR/Data privacy team to keep in line with data privacy regulations globally
- Build out a local team to handle UX research Globally
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years working in user experience research
- 4+ years of leading UX research teams with low ego, empathy, and dedication
- University degree, ideally with technical or business background or mix of education and experience
- Experience in a top consumer-facing organization in technology or mobile apps.
- Solutions based thinking and utilizing creative ways to tell the story of complicated insights to people of all backgrounds within the organization
- In-depth knowledge of UX research methodologies such as in-depth interviews, field studies, diaries, projective techniques, focus groups, concept/prototype testing, and surveys.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with Gen Z insights a strong plus
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.