Senior Director of Communications, APAC (based in Singapore)
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in nearly every country on earth, our reach is expansive — and we’re rapidly growing users. There’s never been a more exciting time to be at Tinder. Our new Chief Product Officer is driving an innovation roadmap and our new Chief Marketing officer is expanding our marketing presence around the world. And the global communications team is expanding and up-leveling its work with the arrival of our new Chief Communications Officer. Tinder is on a course to revolutionize the way young people meet and connect today, if you want to be a part of that...keep reading.
We are looking for a talented communications executive with a strong understanding of the media ecosystem across Asia and is adept at managing comprehensive communications strategies and tactics across multiple countries. In addition, a deep understanding of the cultural nuances among youth culture in Asia is important. The candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and tell the story of Tinder as a company, product and brand. This leadership role will be responsible for all strategic communications oversight across all key Asian markets. She/he will be responsible for managing a group of agencies already in place in key markets, on-boarding new agencies and setting strategy in partnership with the Country Managers and the Global Communications team based in LA. The candidate will directly manage the a handful of SEA markets to start and will make recommendations for how to grow the team across Asia.
The role requires strong cross-functional interactions with teams based across Asia and in the US. She/He will be a key business partner to the marketing leadership in Asia and will hire and manage a team of Communication managers focused on specific Asian countries. She/he must be an independent thinker and a self-starter with the ability for innovation and new ideas, making the leap from information to insight to strategy. Of particular interest are candidates with backgrounds in the technology, entertainment or lifestyle sector and those who are used to working in a fast-paced environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to manage multiple things at once.
The candidate must:
- The candidate should possess at least 15 years of experience in media, corporate or agency settings, having worked in Asia for many years managing many of the key markets directly or managing teams who are responsible for those markets.
- Have good business acumen, preferably with experience of working for global brands.
- Have excellent news judgement and be adept at corporate reputation and media issues management.
- Have a strong network of relationships with journalists and influencers, is able to build relationships with new contacts across Asia.
- Experience successfully managing multiple agencies across Asia.
- Enjoy and have a strong track record of building and successfully managing budgets.
- Be a strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent writer/communicator.
- Have substantial experience dealing with senior executives and ability to make strategic and succinct presentations to leadership
- Be deeply familiar with, and/or enthusiastically curious about youth culture, technology, innovation and media.
- Serve as a company spokesperson
- Travel in-market where top media are based to maintain in-person relationships and facilitate / staff media deskside tours
- Has a strong bias-to-action, adept and agile on changing course and getting things done on short timeframes.
- Be a succinct communicator in a 'hands on' role, detailed and and highly-organized.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, Business, or a related field is required.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Meaningful benefits package
- Paid Vacation Time and flexible working hours
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.
Want to learn more about Tinder? Visit Tinder's website.
Jobs You May Like
GRANA, Hong Kong