At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an iOS engineer at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most visible aspects of the Tinder App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
By applying to this role you will be considered for all iOS roles currently available in our LA, Palo Alto and San Francisco offices.
As a Senior iOS Engineer, you will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of consumer facing features in the Tinder App
- Build compelling in-app experiences that will reach millions of users globally
- Coordinate with the product and design team(s) influence the roadmap and product development of Tinder App and services
- Create and maintain internal shared frameworks and libraries
- Shape the future of optimized analytics at Tinder from the ground up with innovative data tools for the analytics and data scientist team(s)
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture to support multiple authentication flows and account management
- Mentor, collaborate, and learn from innovative and passionate team members
- 5+ years of professional experience building native iOS applications
- Significant experience building applications in Swift
- Knowledge of Swift concepts (structs, optionals, generics etc.)
- Experience building user-facing features with autolayout
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as MVVM / VIPER etc. and their uses
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience building and testing large-scale iOS apps and/or codebases
- Prior startup experience is excellent (but not necessary); a background that lends itself to being resourceful is what matters
- Experience with building public APIs and mobile SDK’s
- Experience with native iOS frameworks like URL Session, Core Data and Core Animation.
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
- Experience communicating and implementing effective, solutions oriented improvements
- Experience collaborating with a small team while working interdependently within a cross-functional organization.
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The highest user to engineer ratio in North America for a non-gaming mobile application
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage and progressive reproductive benefits
- Competitive salary, 401(k) matching up to 10% and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches and dinners, an endless supply of snacks/refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.