The International Team at Tinder is looking for a Jakarta-Based marketing Coordinator In this role, you will help the Southeast Asia marketing team in many different aspects, from day to day operations to overall planning and brand strategy for Indonesia.
From the day you start, you will be working with a topnotch Marketing team at Tinder. You’ll have an amazing opportunity to join a company with a global footprint while working with a small enough team that your impact is recognized.
Indonesia is one of our most fascinating and one of the biggest growing markets in the Southeast Asia region, where Tinder has played a huge role in defining how people meet in the modern world. We are looking for a Marketing Coordinator to help us grow our business and elevate our brand perception in Indonesian. If you have marketing experience with a global brand, and a passion for new technology, we’d love to hear from you.
In this role you will:
- Work, review, and define brand strategy and positioning as well as executing multiple campaigns and tactics to build the brand and achieve growth, primarily via digital, social and PR channel.
- Lead creative marketing campaigns to further strengthen Tinder as a brand in the Indonesia market (including conceptualizing, budgeting and ongoing analysis)
- You must be a highly analytical and creative individual who can develop and maintain a dynamic campaign testing framework in order to optimize results and maximize learning.
- Lead and collaborate with agencies and partners on in-market events and activations
- Manage Tinder Indonesia Brand Development as a key strategic role
- You will be responsible to drive brand awareness, user adoption, and growth.
- Managing day-to-day marketing operations
- Gain knowledge of the Gen-Z audience, as well as stay current with cultural trends
- Monitor market trends, and research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and threats
- Manage the day-to-day logistics of project plans by owning timelines, budgets, and recaps/reports
- Work with Asia Pacific team members
- Report to Indonesia Manager
We're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and/or brand development
- Native in Bahasa and fluent in English
- An understanding of social trends happening in the different economic levels of Indonesia
- Strong background in social media and content marketing
- Knowledge of the Indonesia landscape and have a network within start-ups in Indonesia
- Experience in Driving an end-to-end marketing process & work closely in driving agencies.
- A strong customer focus and the desire to understand the underlying needs of different Tinder user groups
- Up-to-date with current popular culture trends in Indonesia
- Experience abroad is a huge plus, as you will be dealing with an international environment
- The ability to communicate marketing strategies with various stakeholders
- A team player, who holds themselves and others accountable
- A goal-oriented and proactive fast learner
- Experience working with internet and/or youth-focused digital marketing focus.
- Guerrilla and influencer marketing tactics experience strongly preferred over conventional marketing tactics.
- Excellent communication skills; writing, journalism or PR experience would be a strong asset.
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking.
- Creativity and ability to think out-of-the box and hustle in small budgets.
- Comfort with ambiguity; high ownership and integrity. Ability to learn from mistakes.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Be part of cultural movement/transformation that happened in Indonesia
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems.
- Working with an extraordinary Asia Pacific team, great manager, and great global team
- Competitive compensation
- A truly multicultural team across multiple time zones
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.