Sr Manager, Training & QA
Tinder HQ - West Hollywood, CA
Tinder is on a mission to change the world by bringing people together and facilitating millions of connections that otherwise might not have been possible. Over the past year, we’ve had tremendous growth in our business and our teams globally. If you are a team player with a passion for developing people, teaching, and problem solving, we want to hear from you. This is a very unique opportunity build, develop, and design a world class training team for a rapidly growing company within the Member Experience organization, directly tied to Trust & Safety and Communities. As the Sr. Manager, Training & QA you will partner with teams across the organization and across the globe to build and develop a world class Training discipline.
- Build and develop a world class training and QA program for Tinder Trust & Safety (T&S) and Community work groups
- Evaluate current training curricula and current Learning Management System. If needed make proposals for new future tool(s) to support future growth.
- Design, develop and deploy e-learning and in-class courses, including soft skills and product training for internal/external support teams, to ensure that new hires and current employees learn new skills, quickly develop the knowledge and ability to settle in and become experts at what they do.
- Measure effectiveness of training programs and provide continuous feedback to Tinder Community Leaders regarding training trends, course material feedback, and additional training needs
- Recruit, lead and develop a team of internal trainers managing their goals, performance and outcomes
- Coordinate with outsourced training staff to ensure strong alignment with internal standards
- Take a data driven approach to understanding performance issues. Take action to improve the quality and effectiveness of training and coaching across the T&S and Communities ecosystem
- Lead calibration sessions with multiple vendors
- Partner with stakeholders to identify opportunities to continuously improve the training program
- Develop new training curricula and iterate on existing materials to ensure readiness to support the launch of new products, features, and tools
- Partner with HQ and vendor teams to assess, evaluate and prioritize overall manager/leader development needs
- Champion projects to continuously improve the design of training materials, the quality of our instruction, and effectiveness of our coaching interventions
- Someone with a builders mentality that can multitask, prioritize, and keep up with a large volume of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 5+ years of leading and managing training/QA teams, Learning & Development, Leadership development, or related field
- Strong instructional design, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or significant college course work, in communication, education or a related field
- Demonstrated success and experience with planning, creating, implementing and delivering training
- Experience communicating virtually with offshore vendors/experience working with remote teams
- Knowledge of Lessonly or similar e-learning tool/Knowledge of Zendesk or similar enterprise
- Screen/Video Capture and Editing Software skills
- Knowledge of Zendesk or similar enterprise software along with LMS integration
- Communication skills for the purpose of knowledge transfer and skill development, including superior skill in explaining technical topics to novices and collaborating with subject matter experts and managers
- Experience with one-to-many and one-to-one communication skills in both classroom and tutorial settings
- Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees
- Competent user level of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent emotional intelligence and influence skills
- Masters Degree in OD, HR or other related discipline
- 7+ years of leading and managing training/QA teams
- 7+ years of instructional design and/or technical writing experience
- Learning/training certification in eLearning
- Experience leading vendor analysis and software deployment for LMS systems
- Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, project management, and content-specific certifications as appropriate (CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of eLearning development tools such as Captivate, Articulate Studio/Storyline, Camtasia, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Flash, GoAnimate, etc.
- Experience building learning programs in the tech industry
- Experience with change management approaches and methodologies
- Previous experience leading Vendor selection and implementation of Learning Management Systems
- Experience with with effectiveness and development tools such as: DiSC, Hogan, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, etc.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, a competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events, with an uplifting work environment in a great location
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.
Want to learn more about Tinder? Visit Tinder's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development Specialist - Alternative Commercial Partnerships
Backstage, New York, NY
Executive Assistant, CEO
DraftKings, Boston, MA