Data Scientist, Marketing
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive and rapidly growing. Tinder’s Analytics Team is looking for a Data Scientist with an expertise in Marketing Analytics.
Our analytics team takes ownership of the decisions being made from our data – we develop a deep understanding of both the business and its data and establish close working relationships with all teams - including Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Finance – so that we can provide recommendations and make proposals regarding prioritization of initiatives, product launches, A/B tests, and company performance.
As a data scientist in this role, you will be a partner to the Marketing team, providing support for A/B test design and analysis as well as data-driven insights through ad-hoc analyses, presentations, and automated reports and dashboards. This role will require extensive experience with SQL, data wrangling, statistics, and A/B testing as well as the ability to work in cross-functional teams to drive actionable insights. Experience with user growth and acquisition across consumer products a plus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Master and own the analytical understanding of customer behavior and business performance
- Build models to better understand the value and churn behavior of our users
- Find the “story” in the data and communicate insights and opportunities with executive and other internal teams
- Perform ongoing ad-hoc analyses to evaluate the efficiency of our marketing spend, building reporting infrastructure, and assisting in making budgeting recommendations to optimize growth
- Integrate captured event data with other sources of customer data, such as surveys, ad publishers and app store data
- Support reporting and business intelligence needs of entire Marketing team.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to execute on complex analytics projects where you have to determine salient questions in a complex ecosystem and present action-oriented conclusions
- Proficiency with SQL required
- Scripting skills, preferably in Python. Strong Python/NumPy/PANDAS skills a plus
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design and analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Familiarity with common KPIs, metrics, and growth experiments
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun, and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.