With the rapid growth of the dating app market in Latin America and across emerging markets, Tinder has decided to dedicate significant resources to expand its reach and further build its user base. To support this initiative, Tinder is recruiting a Head of LATAM Business Development.
The role is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the business development process, from lead identification and qualification through to program launch and partner relationships management. Exceptional presentation and negotiation skills are required, as well as a proven track record in dealing with senior executives, within the LATAM, mobile and media arena.
The Head of LATAM Business Development will need to command the respect of its partners and colleagues and demonstrate senior management attributes including leadership, ownership of relationships and projects, understand the value in being a strong team player, and find enjoyment in balancing a strong attention to detail with a wider understanding of overarching strategy. In addition, s/he will need to thrive under pressure, coordinating actions across different business functions and time zones to meet agreed upon deadlines. Proactive and entrepreneurial, but able to work within defined parameters and over-deliver on commitments, the Head of Business Development will need to be comfortable working within a small team environment whilst building and retaining effective support from the wider cross-functional organization.
Additionally, this person should have experience working cross-functionally and in a fast-paced environment. The role requires strong cross-functional interactions with teams based across Latin America, Asia, and Europe. This person must be an independent thinker and a self-starter with the ability to manage several projects at once with a high level of detail. Of particular interest are candidates with experience working in the LATAM market, in addition to a background in technology, entertainment or lifestyle sectors and those who are used to working in an environment that requires agility, selflessness and the ability to think globally.
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Business Development, the mandate of the Head of LATAM Business Development will include:
- Devise a strategy to further the brands and the overall business of Match Group in the region. This includes identifying and prioritising the key markets, verticals, and opportunities best aligned with the company’s overall strategy.
- Identify, structure, negotiate and close significant partnership opportunities and complex deals with strategic partners, such as (but not limited to) telecom companies, e-commerce companies, social content and messaging platforms.
- Manage the pipeline of opportunities, prioritize according to growth value, and forecast program key dates and deliverables.
- Oversee program launch and ongoing operation (with support from HQ) to effectively iterate on plans and produce incremental value from ongoing relationships.
- Manage partnerships to ensure the level of monetization and business revenues are on target for the region. Ensure that programs and partners are able to effectively target user bases that align with Tinder’s core user demographic (18-29)
- Effectively influence and communicate with key internal stakeholders, including regional country heads, brands and strategic team at HQ, including Finance, Legal, Marketing, Business Development and Product teams.
Experience & Competencies:
- At least 5-10 years of deal making experience, with strong knowledge of, and exposure to the online media industry or another high growth consumer environment, ideally in Mexico and Brazil (or broadly across LATAM).
- Business level proficiency in English, Spanish and Portuguese required.
- Executive presence with exceptional presentation, communication and consultative selling skills.
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environment or unstructured situations with a high degree of autonomy.
- People oriented and a strong team player combined with entrepreneurial skills.
- Excellent analytical and finance skills with a good understanding of contract law.
- Excellent organizational and project planning/management skills coupled with the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- A strong consumer orientation that spans across various disciplines such as marketing, user acquisition, user experience and loyalty.
- Proven ability to adapt to new environments and ability to work effectively with people from all levels and from diverse backgrounds through excellent influencing and adaptable communication skills – comfortable presenting to the board and C-suite and skilled at developing relations with key stakeholders.
- Effective member of the Executive Leadership Team as a strategic, analytical, and articulate contributor to the group.
- University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Finance desired.
Additionally, candidates should possess the following qualities:
- Be a team player with a positive attitude and an excellent writer/communicator.
- Have a strong bias-to-action, adept and agile on changing course and getting things done on short timeframes.
- Have good business acumen, preferably with experience working for global brands.
- Be familiar with, and/or enthusiastically curious about youth culture, technology, innovation and media.
Tinder, founded in 2012, has become one of the fastest growing social startups and mobile apps of all time. Tinder was launched to address the social and physical barriers of forming new friendships and relationships. Using social data, Tinder anonymously finds people nearby that like each other and connects them if they are both interested.
Want to learn more about Tinder? Visit Tinder's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.