Customer Support Specialist
Top Hat, Toronto, Ontario
The all-in-one teaching platform for higher education
As a key member of our Support Team you will:
- You will be responsible for helping out our professors, students, Top Hatters, and university staff with a wide range of challenges
- Respond to support tickets in a thoughtful, efficient and friendly manner.
- Effectively manage your backlog and help
- You will become a product expert, knowing features, workarounds, and even bugs inside and out!
- Report bugs and feature requests and follow up with customers upon implementation.
- Find the root cause behind the pain points.
- Communicate with the development, product and QA teams to prioritize and resolve customer issues.
- Proactively communicate with professors on a regular basis to ensure that all their issues and concerns are being dealt with. We aim to be proactive rather than reactive here at Top Hat.
- Other duties as required
- You have 1-2 years experience in a related field under your belt.
- You are proficient in English and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You have held a customer facing role previously and you loved it!
- You’re a problem solver and have exceptional diagnostic skills.
- You get technology and are considered a nerd (we’re full of them here, don’t be shy). You’re not scared to get your hands dirty and figure out how things work.
- You are obsessively customer focused. You have a high level of customer service aptitude and can manage customer expectations.
- You are a natural at managing your time and prioritizing your tasks.
- You are curious and genuinely investigate the issues your customers are dealing with. You assertively represent the voice of the customer.
- You are an amazing communicator. You know how to listen, build rapport and respond empathetically to customers.
- You're a master multi-tasker and keep your cool in high-pressure situations.
- It would be great if you also knew a thing or two about Salesforce, databases, or JIRA.
Some reasons we attract great people:
- Interact directly with professors and students and get a good understanding of their challenges. You will get to represent the voice of the customer internally.
- Develop your technical troubleshooting skills and help our customers by giving them great solutions or inventive workarounds!
About Top Hat
Our Mission We treat instructors like heroes, elevating their work inside and outside the classroom with compelling content and activities to engage their students. We believe collaboration with our coworkers and with frontline educators is the key to our success. We work hard, we work smart and we work without ego. And we know our aggressive growth will revolutionize the university experience.