Research Scientist, Machine Assisted Cognition
Toyota Research Institute, Los Altos, CA
Innovatingthe Future of Mobility
- Collaborate cross-functionally with specialists in multiple fields, as well as university partners to research and develop novel ways to demonstrate AI to augment human decision making. Some potential research and development areas may include:
- Increasing quality of predictions, judgments, and decisions by creating new behavioral insights and computational models
- Speeding up predictions, judgments, and decisions
- Scaling up to more complex cognitive tasks and larger groups while countering the tendency of groups to be risk-averse.
- Insights or tooling into how people can better understand human decision making (driven by models) and explainable AI (XAI)
- Applying machine learning or reinforcement learning to model human behavioral data in ways consistent with human cognition
- Conduct groundbreaking research at the intersection of behavioral science, AI, HCI as it relates to decision making resulting in peer-reviewed publications and/or patents
- Co-define research projects and inform the strategy behind the research agenda of the Machine Assisted Cognition team
- Degree in Psychology, Behavioral Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Sciences, or equivalent. Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience in interdisciplinary research in these areas
- Strong research background, including top-tier peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience in use-inspired basic research and/or applying academic research in an industry setting
- Strong interpersonal skills. Great teammate.
- Appetite to learn across functions.
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects.
About Toyota Research Institute
The Toyota Research Institute (TRI) is building a new approach to mobility and pioneering the technologies that will drive its future. TRI is applying artificial intelligence to help Toyota produce cars in the future that are safer, more accessible and more environmentally friendly. We are expanding artificial intelligence technology into new applications by strengthening and refining the interaction between human and machine. A summary of Toyota’s work on automated driving, including the philosophy that guides its approach to the technology, its ongoing research programs, and its near-term product plans can be seen at automatedtoyota.com.
TRI is dedicated to creating a world where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can partner with machines to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, our goal is to someday develop a vehicle that is incapable of causing a crash. We are also working to develop vehicles and robots that could help people enjoy new levels of independence and mobility in their daily lives.
Want to learn more about Toyota Research Institute? Visit Toyota Research Institute's website.
File hosting service