Senior Software Developer, Front-End (Remote)
TradeRev, Austin, Texas
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contributing to our current web application in AngularJS by writing clean, reusable and performant code following the latest ES6 standards
- Advocate for unit tests with high coverage and writing the happy paths test cases for E2E tests using Cypress (or Selenium)
- Leading the architectural design and development of our next generation web application (while ensuring seamless collaboration with the UX team) using React
- Utilizing your technical expertise and solid leadership skills to guide developers in creating large scale, resilient, stateful web applications
- Providing effective code reviews for the web code base, and mentoring your peers
- Knowledgeable in the latest frontend technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members on designing and implementing new features
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- A University degree or advanced diploma in a software engineering-related discipline, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- You have a deep understanding of semantic HTML and component driven architecture.
- You have an outstanding attention to detail, you are a big advocate for great UX, and you are keen on using tools/methodologies to help write maintainable and scalable CSS in large codebases (i.e. Less, Sass, BEM, etc.).
- You have experience with mobile first approaches and responsive web architecture.
- You are enthusiastic about the concept of micro-frontends.
- You have experience with subversion control systems (with a preference for Git).
- You have experience supporting the most popular browsers and comfortable writing clean code that supports some older supported browsers (i.e. IE 11).
- You are comfortable working with the built-in browser tools and prefer using performance profiling tools to avoid premature optimization.
- You have experience working in an Agile environment where delivery and execution is critical.
- You have amazing projects that would provide evidence.
- You are constantly learning and looking for ways to improve yourself and the processes around you.
- You enjoy mentoring and supporting other team members by doing code reviews and applying your experience in process and technical leadership.
- You have experience working in Agile team environments and are a self-starter, conscientious member of the team.
- You are a good communicator.
- You not only love to code, but also you’re awesome at it!
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.