Salesforce Architect (Remote)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for the overarching systems design and systems architecture for all Salesforce applications
- Maintain a technical understanding of the end-to-end product
- Establish and manage the architectural direction for the product
- Mentor development teams and review design and implementation plans
- Investigate and plan the adoption of new technologies
- Work with partners and customers to communicate the technical aspects of the product and develop solutions for their particular needs
- Represent Architecture to potential customers, communicating the technical aspects of our offering and interpreting opportunities based on our offering
- Work with key partners to interpret, communicate and align the product roadmap
- Actively participate in all aspects of the development process
- Strong skills in innovative thinking, initiative and communication will be required and used regularly.
- Collaborate and participate in receiving and providing feedback on design and code reviews
- Work closely with Operations Engineering to ensure tight alignment between systems architecture, applications, deployment pipelines, security initiatives, and underlying platform architecture.
- Committed to proper automated test coverage (unit, integration, automated UI, etc.)
- Creating impact assessments of new requirements on existing functionality
- Acting as a key Subject Matter Expert in a 24/7 production on-call role for priority escalations
- Other duties as required
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of systems development life cycles, tools, processes and best practices. Deep and extensive understanding of Salesforce architecture concerns from a polyglot perspective.
- Responsible for application design, development and support of Salesforce projects
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- 8+ years of solid professional programming experience in Salesforce and Java
- Experience building scalable and maintainable Salesforce apps in a fast-paced environment
- Experience driving agile development methodologies
- Well versed in security methodologies and principles, object-oriented design and common design patterns
- Project/Feature scoping and estimating
- A proven record of developing robust and scalable cloud and enterprise systems solutions
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to proactively solve data problems and provide actionable recommendations
- A passion for constant personal growth and growth of others
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving with a keen attention to detail
- Desire to seek solutions to complex problems, and never afraid to take on something new
- We are looking for someone that will always look for ways to improve, iterate, and re-invent
- A long-standing habit of continuous learning, and of applying new tech, architectures, and methodologies to improve both your team and your code base
- Resourcefulness in the face of complexity and uncertainty
- Ability to think critically and see the big picture
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.