Software Developer in Test (Remote)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Plan, define, execute, report and refine quality test plans and test cases per the organizational quality objectives.
- Understand the domain product vision and roadmap
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Write, execute and maintain a combination of manual and automated testing to ensure high quality releases
- Assist with the increase the automation of tasks and expand test coverage through both new and existing infrastructure
- Collaborate with multiple organizational teams to develop and execute test plans, with the aim of maximizing test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Maintain an automated test infrastructure for a multi-platform product that will be used to validate all aspects of the product operation.
- Integrate with CI infrastructure to establish a continuous build and test cycle.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong critical thinking skills and knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Strong programming and scripting skills
- Required experience with some of the following frameworks; Cypress, Espresso, XC UI test, Selenium, JMeter, wire mock, MySQL
- Experience working with grey/white box testing
- Creative, independent, self-motivated and quick to learn new technologies
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Desire to automate everything and reduce the time required to manually test products
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
- Experience with Agile Development and testing methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions is required
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.