Master Data Steward (Remote)
TradeRev, Chicago, Illinois
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
About Our Candidate:
- The Ideal Candidate will be a self-starter who is vital to maintaining good, trusted master data.
- Passionate about managing master data assets, lineage, quality, and access.
- Supporting sound data analysis, and rationalizing MDM’s information strategy
- Ensures seamless flow & consumption of master data across various systems and functions.
- Works closely with business stakeholders within each line of business to ensure accuracy completeness and consistency of data flowing to and from MDM.
- Effectively communicates to individuals at various levels of the technical and business communities.
- Demonstrate abilities to quickly earn the trust of key internal and external stakeholders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Managing the MDM data life cycle.
- Continuous improvement and monitoring of data quality aspects.
- Ensure high quality standards are applied to the data sets accurately.
- Validate data as it enters the environment to ensure data suppliers are complying with data quality expectations.
- Support the User Community-Responsible for collecting, collating, and triaging issues and problems with data.
- Prioritized issues must be communicated to stakeholders who are impacted and work with technical team to remediate the issues.
- Manage standard business definitions, facilitating convergence for the correct definitions and associating business definitions with their authoritative sources.
- Participate cross-functional, cross-regional projects
- Experience supporting and working with multi-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Work with business and project team members across the globe whether face-to-face, web conference, telephone, or email.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Management Information Systems is preferred.
- Data Engineering or a related experience is a plus.
- Results-oriented, diligent, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Assertive, responsible for his/her own work (self-directed), have a strong affinity for defining work in deliverables, and be willing to commit to deadlines.
- Influential, focused, and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity, and precision both written and verbal.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; balancing strategic alignment with technology roadmap and emerging industry trends with practical delivery.
- Solid understanding of key DBMS platforms like SQL Server or Oracle is a plus.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.