Data Analytics Engineer (Remote)
TradeRev, Indianapolis, Indiana Area
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
What You Will Be Doing:
- Designing data models for use in BI self-service tools and supporting our embedded analytics platform
- Supporting our data science teams with deploying data models
- Support data discovery and data governance by maintaining data dictionaries and data lineage
- Provide quality assurance and testing on our most critical data pipelines
- Support answering business questions using analysis and visualization techniques
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Candidates typically have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or computer science field, or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to read and explain query plans and optimize those queries and underlying data stores as necessary
- Understanding of common statistical measures and practices
- Distilling business requirements into actionable technical tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Snowflake SQL syntax
- Experience with deploying data models in Tableau or Sisense specifically, or another equivalent BI tool
- Familiarity with data science models and deployment in a production environment
- Python, as well as common libraries associated with data such as Pandas and Numpy
- Experience in cloud environments, preferably AWS or Azure, or equivalent platforms
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.