Data Analytics Engineer (Remote)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
What You Will Be Doing:
- Designing data models for use in BI self-service tools and supporting our embedded analytics platform
- Supporting our data science teams with deploying data models
- Support data discovery and data governance by maintaining data dictionaries and data lineage
- Provide quality assurance and testing on our most critical data pipelines
- Support answering business questions using analysis and visualization techniques
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Candidates typically have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or computer science field, or equivalent professional experience
- Ability to read and explain query plans and optimize those queries and underlying data stores as necessary
- Understanding of common statistical measures and practices
- Distilling business requirements into actionable technical tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Snowflake SQL syntax
- Experience with deploying data models in Tableau or Sisense specifically, or another equivalent BI tool
- Familiarity with data science models and deployment in a production environment
- Python, as well as common libraries associated with data such as Pandas and Numpy
- Experience in cloud environments, preferably AWS or Azure, or equivalent platforms
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.