Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
TradeRev, Chicago, Illinois
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
- Work with product, data science, analytics, and engineering teams to learn project data needs and define project scope
- Design and planning of data services solutions on the Data Platform
- Building and delivery of Python/Docker feed framework data pipeline jobs and services
- Contribute to the Data Engineering team delivery framework including building of re-usable code, implementing industry best practices, and maintain a common delivery framework
- Monitoring, maintenance, documentation, and incident resolution of scheduled production data jobs supporting internal and external customers data needs
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 2+ years experience Postgres SQL development including functions, stored procedures, and indexing or equivalent (required)
- Experience in production data management in high availability product delivery ODS / RDBMS or equivalent (required)
- Experience planning and designing maintainable data schemas (required)
- Experience with Airflow, Python, Docker, Kubernetes and data warehouse environments (preferred)
- Experience using Github / Azure DevOps (CI/CD) / Artifactory / PyPy or comparable delivery stacks (preferred)
- Experience with AWS Redshift, MPP, or Dynamo DB (preferred)
- Experience with Kinesis/Kafka (preferred)
- Experience working with large enterprise data lakes / Snowflake (preferred)
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.