Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
TradeRev, Chicago, Illinois
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
What You Will Be Doing:
- Administering a growing global network using experience and knowledge of multiple technologies
- Build scalable systems, using best practices around automation, pushing changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, planning and reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Provide mentorship and training to other team members on technologies and processes; drive education and knowledge transfer of design patterns, technical practices, and relevant technologies and tools
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 5+ years of experience in an IT operational, Site Reliability Engineer, or Network Engineering role
- In-depth experience with Cisco firewall, core routing and switching, WAN, SD-WAN, BGP, and load balancing platforms
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure automation tools, ie Ansible, Terraform, SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, etc…
- Experience with ITIL and Agile processes
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.