Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
TradeRev, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Revolutionizing Automotive Sales
- Designing, building and maintaining database automation frameworks
- Provide operational and on call support within 24/7 follow the sun support model
- Evolving existing automation frameworks where necessary
- Drive repeatable results through automation practices
- Instrument and automate away toil
- Keep track and adapt to rapidly changing requirements in a rapidly evolving environment
- Improve overall deployment times and stability through automation solutions
- Mentorship within the automation and infrastructure teams
- Understand that our ability to play with cool toys is directly related to our customer’s level of satisfaction with our offerings and the service we provide.
- Very strong working knowledge in Oracle RDBMS 11g, 12c, 19c ASM RAC Oracle Golden Gate
- Oracle Database and SQL Query Performance Tuning
- Experience with Cassandra, PostGres and MySQL database technologies
- Linux, VM Ware and storage systems experience required
- Good understanding of networking and networking technologies required.
- The ability to script and write programs in shell and at least one other programming language; such as Python, java or perl.
- Excellent understanding of infrastructure design principles
- Working knowledge of modern application delivery methodologies such as containers, serverless frameworks, and microservices
- Strong background in multi-cloud architecture and deployment automation
- Experience working with public cloud database platforms (AWS, Azure and/or Google Compute).
- Extensive experience with configuration management and infrastructure automation tools, i.e. Ansible, Terraform, Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with the operational aspects of software systems such as monitoring, centralized logging, and alerting
- Drive high standards around incident response practices and policies
- Familiarity with Agile and SRE concepts
- Undergraduate degree or appropriate industry experience of 6+ years in an Operational Role, DevOps, SRE or Software Engineering
- Think creatively and come up with solutions when existing solutions are not working
- Ability to correlate issues in complex environments to troubleshoot and find root cause quickly
- Excited about tearing unfamiliar systems into “parts” to figure out how they work
- Organized to a level that gathering and recording detailed information about operational or software issues comes naturally
- You listen well, listening is the most important part of communication
- You realize learning publicly is good for everyone because the journey is more important than the result
- Driven to advocate for technology stacks which can solve problems the business is facing or will face
- Bias for action, understanding that when you build something you own it.
- Ability to work on and troubleshoot complex systems under stressful circumstances.
- Ability to cover on call rotations
- The ability to juggle baby geese will be considered a plus
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.
Want to learn more about TradeRev? Visit TradeRev's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.