- Accurately document customer claims & complaints.
- Arrange vehicle inspections and diagnosis based on complaints and obtain second opinions where necessary.
- Gather all relevant information necessary to facilitate a negotiation and resolution between buyer and seller.
- Maintain communication with customers regarding arbitration status and timing.
- Possess an intimate knowledge of auction arbitration policies and be able to advise customer of these policies and of the arbitration process.
- Arrive at mutually acceptable resolutions through negotiation of repairs and/or price adjustments in order to keep vehicles sold and avoid sale cancellations.
- Be aware of relevant legislation as it relates to the sale of goods and the motor vehicle dealers acts of various provinces.
- Ability to understand and resolve issues with regards to vehicle registration, liens and odometer disputes.
- Maintain accurate and complete files on all customer claims, complaints and resolution details.
- Be aware of industry trends with regards to arbitration policy including an awareness of competitor policy, NAAA policy and changes to these policies.
- Work closely with the TradeRev sales team to ensure continuity of communication and customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors degree preferred.
- Preferably 1-3 years of automotive, mechanical or body shop experience; dispute resolution and auto auction experience is an asset.
- Experience with automobile brands, equipment, mechanics and structure.
- Must have a superior customer service and dispute resolution orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill required.
- Effective report writing and composition skills required.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety practices and policies.
- Ability to speak French fluently is an asset, but not a requirement, for this position.
TradeRev is unique because it was created for dealers by a group of people who love cars and are passionate about the industry. With this came a deep understanding of the age-old process of dealing with trade-ins and the challenges that existed within the sales infrastructure. We believe if the industry as a whole advances and evolves, we can live in a world where when it comes to buying a car, everyone comes out a winner. TradeRev Co-Founder Mark Endras recognized these challenges and a truly innovative solution was envisioned: a system that connects dealers all over North America to make moving wholesale inventory quicker, easier and more efficient than ever. The objective was to create technology that powers next-generation automotive marketplaces and, perhaps most ambitious of all, see a world where automotive transactions are fair and easy for everyone. Emboldened by his vision and determined to share his solution, Mark, along with co-founders Wade Chia, Jae Pak and James Tani, worked towards the launch of TradeRev in Toronto in 2011.